Tuesday, July 31, 2012

No, I can't actually "watch" the event

People have asked if I can "watch" the event as it's happening.  The answer is usually no.  See the following photos, for example.  My camera was trained on Breeja Larson for the entire race because she is an athlete from Texas and therefore important to the hometown newspaper.  I wanted to capture her reaction immediately after the race and this is what I got - her looking at the scoreboard in disappointment as winner Ruta Meilutyte raises her arms in triumph.  I didn't have a chance to look up at the scoreboard or watch the entire field to know the results until after taking these shots.



It took me a moment to focus on the winner, Ruta Meilutyte, but it turned out to be an interesting shot because the two Americans on either side of an emotional Meilutyte are left stunned and slack-jawed at the performance of the 15-year-old Lithuanian. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home