Friday, November 07, 2008

My Life as Forrest Gump

You remember the movie Forrest Gump starring Tom Hanks? It's about a dim-witted guy who has a knack for stumbling into the middle of historically siginificant moments and coming out ahead? Well, I feel that I'm going through a "Forrest Gump" period of my life. Just this August I was fortunate enough to have a front row seat to the Beijing Olympics. Today, I met the newly coronated King of Bhutan. It was in a stadium with tens of thousands of people in the crowd and dozens of foreign dignitaries present. That happened about five hours ago and I'm still stunned. I'll have to gather my thoughts before I can do justice to that moment with pen and paper. Right now, all I can say is, "Wow!"
In the meantime you can read
this Reuters story
about your favorite dim-witted guy who has a knack for stumbling into the middle of historically significant moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home