Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Live in Hong Kong

In my mind, I have to meet two criteria to officially "live" somewhere. First, I have to pay for housing on a monthly basis rather than daily or weekly (such as for a hotel, hostel, guest house or summer camp). Second, I have to receive mail at the address. By this standard, these are all the places I've lived:

-Taipei, Taiwan (exempt from rule because I was a young child)
-St. Louis, MO
-Savitaipale, Finland
-Goettingen, Germany
-Champaign, IL
-San Francisco, CA
-Boston, MA
-Shanghai, P.R.C.
-San Francisco, CA (again)

Today I received my first letter. It's official. I live in Hong Kong.

What about you? How many places have you lived?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruston, Louisiana
Brookhaven, Miss. (twice)
Winnsboro, Louisiana
Ripley, Tenn.
Webster Groves, Missouri (twice)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Clarksburg, Maryland
Damascus, Maryland
Silver Spring, Maryland
Washington, D.C.
Houston, Texas (twice)
Dallas, Texas

9:29 AM  
Blogger huja said...

So the only foreign country you've lived in is Texas . . . thrice.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Moe said...

Sorry it's not a bigger image

5:28 PM  
Blogger huja said...

A little insecure about the size of your image, Moe?

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home